My Development Process
Every web project is unique. Before you start developing your website, you need a plan. Web Designer / Developers use a web design process or procedure to guide them through all of the steps necessary to build a site. My web design process consists of the following steps: Discover, Design, Development and Deployment.
Plan the project by working closely with the client.
- Meet with the client to understand their business and challenges.
- Establish goals, requirements, budget and timeframe.
- Create a project charter document that summarizes the entire project.
Create a visual design that satisfies the client's goals and make it an enjoyable experience for the visitor.
- Map out the pages and sections of the site.
- Draw a rough sketch or wireframe of the site.
- Create a Style Tile that defines key elements like colors, fonts and buttons.
- Design mockups for the main pages.
- Work with the client to write a rough draft of content for the web pages.
Develop the best solution and customize the site to meet the client's needs.
- Build the basic website with a CMS or custom code.
- Customize the site.
- Populate the site with content finalized and provided by the client.
- Test the site. Fix any issues or problems with the site.
Launch the website.
- Transfer the website to client's hosting server.
- Train the client on how to manage the site.
- Meet with client to make certain that everything has been completed.